What is the warranty on a new Kia vehicle?
The following components are covered for time and mileage limits indicated, whichever comes first:
- 5-year/100,000km Comprehensive warranty
- 3-years/60,000km Radio and Sound Systems warranty (i.e. radio, compact disc player, and GPS), DVD system
- 3-years/ 60,000km Paint warranty
- 5-year/Unlimited km Anti Perforation warranty
- 5-year/100,000km Basic emissions warranty
- 8-year/130,000km Major emissions warranty
- 3-years/60,000km Accessory Warranty *Dealer installed prior to delivery
- 2-years / 40,000km Battery warranty
- 1-year / 20,000km Adjustment warranty
- 5-year/Unlimited km 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- 8-year/160,000km Hybrid system warranty [If applicable]
Refer to your Owner's Manual and Warranty Booklet for the most accurate information on your vehicle's specific model year.
Does the new vehicle warranty include the cost of vehicle maintenance?
- No, the warranty does not include the costs related to maintenance of your vehicle.
- Certain extended warranty packages are available for purchase that cover some maintenance items.
To remain under warranty, where should I get my vehicle serviced?
- We suggest going to your local Kia dealership for all maintenance related work. Book an appointment here.
- All warranty work needs to be diagnosed and repaired at a Kia Canada authorized dealership. Dealer locator.
- Kia dealers know Kia vehicles best, including having all the proper specialty tools to get the job done right, the first time!
To remain under warranty, what should I get serviced?
To ensure your vehicle will remain covered by Kia Canada's Warranty, we suggest going to your Kia dealership at the recommended intervals prescribed in the owner's manual, specifically Section 8. Book an appointment here. Our service department can also answer any questions you have pertaining to the maintenance schedule.
I have a possible concern with my vehicle. What do I do and is it covered by warranty?
- Whenever you have a concern with your Kia vehicle and you would deem it to be minor book an appointment. If it requires immediate attention, contact us or locate the nearest Kia dealer.
- The determination of whether a repair is covered by warranty or not, is made once the CAUSE of the CONCERN has been found.
- If the CAUSE of the CONCERN is due to a maintnenace related item or a non-warranty covered component, diagnosis/inspection and repair charges will apply.
Is my warranty valid at all Kia dealerships?
- Yes, your Kia warranty is valid at all Canadian Kia dealerships.
- It is considered best practive to maintain and service your vehicle at one location, in order to maintain the relationship and records.
Is my warranty valid in the United States when travelling?
- Yes, both your Warranty and Roadside Assistance are valid in the United States when travelling.
- To locate an American dealer, use the U.S. Dealer Locator.
- You should not have to pay and be reimbursed after the fact. If you have any issues, please call Customer Service @ 1-877-542-2886.
What happens if I sell my vehicle before its warranty expires?
- The warranty transfers to the new owner at no charge. Ensure to notify your local Kia dealership of the ownership change to ensure that Kia Canada's records are up to date for recall notifications.
- Warranty start date is the day the vehicle was registered. This date can be found on your Bill of Sale (if bought new) or by contacting our Service department.
- Ensure to provide receipts of maintenance to the new owner, to minimize potential future issues regarding warranty coverage, as there is no central database for this information.
How long is my Roadside available for?
- It is accessible in all our province and the United States, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- The service is available for a period of 5-years/unlimited kilometers, after the vehicle's in-service date.
- Call (866)-444-5421 if you require Roadside Assistance.
What does Roadside Assistance cover?
- Towing Service - Vehicle Inoperable
- Battery Boosting Service
- Flat Tire Changing Service
- Lockout Service
- Fuel Delivery
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Winching and Extraction Service
- Trip Accident Assistance Service
What if my vehicle needs to be towed?
- If your vehicle needs to be towed, even if it's due to an accident, call 1-866-444-5421. Tow truck will take the vehicle to the nearest Kia dealer.
- When calling you will need to provide the VIN of the vehicle. VIN is found in corner of windshield, drivers door, and/or ownership/insurance slips.
What happens if I run out of gas or have a flat tire?
- Kia's Roadside Assistance will come and deliver gas or install the spare tire for you.
- Charges will apply for fuel added to the vehicle.
What is the Trip Interruption Benefit?
- In the event a warranty-covered mechanical disablement occurs more than 100km away from your home and your vehicle is disabled overnight, due to a repair in process, Kia Roadside Assistance will reimburse you..
- Reimbursement is for reasonable expenses, such as meals, lodging, or alternate transportation.
- Trip Interruption Benefit is limited to $300 per trip interruption.
How do I get reimbursed by the Roadside Assistance Trip Interruption Benefit?
- To have your reimbursement considered, please send a letter of explanation of your circumstances, and the original receipts for your eligible expenses.
- Address: Kia Roadside Assistance (Attention: Claims Department), PO BOX 190, Richmond Hill, ON, L4B4R5
- Include a Roadside Assistance Claim Form with your letter
Are there any extended warranties I can purchase for my Kia vehicle?
- Yes. At Orangeville Kia, we offer Kia Protect Mechanical Breakdown Protection (MBP) plan.
- Travel in comfort knowing your vehicle is protected should an unexpected covered breakdown occur.
- Simply take your vehicle to any Kia dealership and factory trained technicians will handle the rest.
- We also offer Nationwide Auto Warranty plans that offer protection throughout Canada and the United States.
What levels of coverage are there? Is there a deductible?
- Kia Protect MBP plans are offered in several coverage levels, term lengths, and deductibles, which allows for your it to be personalized to your needs.
- Kia Protect offers three levels of coverage: 3, 4 and 5 Star.
- Each coverage level can have one of three deductibles: $0, $50 or $100. This would be what you pay each time there is a warranty claim.
- If interested in pricing, contact us so that we can build the package for you and your vehicle!
What vehicles are eligible for Kia Protect - MBP?
- Nothing complicated here, your Kia must be within 10 model years of new and have less than 160,000km at time of purchase.
- Come talk to us to see what plan is right for you and your vehicle!
What are the benefits of the Kia Protect - Mechanical Breakdown Protection plan?
Besides exceptional coverage to protect your vehicle, Kia Protect MBP comes complete with an array of additional benefits:
- Extended Roadside Assistance & Trip Interruption coverage
- Rental Benefit - Replacement vehicle while your vehicle is repaired [$50/day, up to $300/repair visit]
- Transferable - If you sell your vehicle, Kia Protect MBP is transferable to the new owner for added value
- Claim-Free Reward - If you have no claims filed or additional benefits utilized, you have three reimbursement options!
Why does a manufacturer issue recalls?
- A manufacturer issues a recall when they find a safety-related defect in a vehicle or when a product does not comply with the safety standards.
- Recalls are regulated and tracked federally by Transport Canada.
- Consumers who encounter such problems can report them to Transport Canada
Where do I check to see if I have a recall?
You have a couple of options to check whether your vehicle has a recall...
How do recall notifications work?
- Recall issuance and communication is performed by Kia Canada.
- Recall notifications are done via mail to the owner of the vehicle registered in Kia Canada's system.
- If ownership has changed, please visit your local Kia dealer with proof of ownership.
I heard about a recall on my vehicle, but checked and there isn't one. Why is that?
- Recalls can vary in scope depending on the cause of issuance. Recalls are generally determined by targeting specific production date ranges.
- Canadian [Transport Canada] and American [NHTSA] recalls are issued independently of one another.
- Any questions or concerns related to recalls should be directed to Kia Customer Assistance @ 1-877-542-2886.
Do I have to pay for a recall repair?
- No. Just book an appointment at Orangeville Kia, or with your local Kia store and they will make any related repair to the recall without charge.
- Please be aware that there may be additional work that a dealer may recommend that is not mandatory and not covered.